POWERS CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL
Athletic Director Notes
From the Desk of Mike Watson
WELCOME CHARGERS TO OUR NEW ATHLETIC WEBSITE!!
CULTURE OF CHAMPIONS:
**At Powers Catholic we have 4 basic Cornerstone's that we base our athletic department on:
- Academic Success
- Competitive Success; competing for championships (district, regional and state)
- Positive Experience
- Commitment To Community Service
OUR DEPARTMENT MESSAGE IS SIMPLE; TO STRIVE FOR PERFECTION & SETTLE FOR EXCELLENCE!
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Texting/Emails: Communication is an important component to any successful athletic program. If a parent or student have any issues with a coach, we strongly urge you to engage in open discussion with that coach. We lean on texting and emails as an appropriate way of communication. We have gotten away from having dialogue with each other.
- 24 Hour Rule: In regards to contacting coaches about any issues. Take 24 hours before approaching a situation to think things through. Try to remove instant emotion. Schedule a time to discuss what is on your mind.
- Athletic Department Rule: You should always try to have discussions with the head coach FIRST, before coming to the athletic director.
- Student Attendance: Students must be in school for a full day to be eligible to practice or participate in games. If your student athlete arrives to school after 9:00am without a doctor's note or preapproved excused absence, they will not be allowed to participate that day.
School Cancelations: If school is canceled, that does not necessarily mean that practices are canceled. Practice and game decisions will be made typically between 12:00pm and 1:00pm.
THANK YOU CHARGERS!!